Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The how to: bake cupcake

It has been a quiet week. I have been resting well since my last order, and nothing new has turn up yet.. oh well, now that i have all the time in the world (not that i have that many..considering the chaotic hours with lil Myra- oh yeah, she's my daughter, the very reason for my cuppies name ;) ) I could finally concentrate to write on the 'how to' post.

First thing first, I am neither a chef, nor that I'm an expert at baking. I started to learn baking/decorating like 2 months ago while waiting for my hubby to settle off our resident permits stuff to get us to Doha, bla bla bla. It has never occur to me that I'll be enjoying it, let alone to be good at it! (but then again, it is not that hard!!) And.. the truth is, I'm a bit lazy to bake, i secretly wish i could just decorate sets of well-baked cupcakes everytime i got a new order (which are not that many afterall!!!!) hehe.

So, after my 4 hours crashed-course in Bangi (my sifu didn't even taught me how to bake! she just showed me what's what in cuppies-deco, and some hands on!); but... i just tot I should share my on-going knowledge on the net for free (specially to those kind enough to visit me blog ;)

How to bake cupcakes (well actually this part I will just write down the recipe as i've forgotten to snap any pic everytime i bake cuppies! there'll be more for deco stuff, promise ;)

Basically, the only recipe that I've got from the class is chocolate moist cupcakes, so I've been using it quite a lot. Tried with cheese cake, and it's not too bad too.. so here's what you need for chocolate moist cake;

Ingredients;
2 eggs
1 ½ cups castor sugar
2 cups of pre-shifted flour
1 cup of corn oil
½ cup cocoa /chocolate powder
1 tsp the soda bicarbonate
1 tsp baking powder
1 ½ cup of evaporated milk
½ tsp vanilla

Methods;

In a mixer, beat the eggs well. Pour in the castor sugar and mix well. Add the corn oil.
In a different bowl, mix the flour, cocoa powder, soda bicarbonate dan baking powder and shift them through.
Add in the shifted flour with the evaporated milk into the mixer -a spoon full at a time.
Add in vanilla. Mix well.
Put half of the batter into the paper cup, and bake with 150oC for 10-15 minutes. (The truth about my baking experience in Doha was I didn't even have the electric oven with temperature! So, what i did was to bake with whatever temperature the gas oven provides, then after sometime, i'll stick in a stick and pull it off, if there's no residue, then you are done! (Ok, ok I know it is quite confusing without visual.. I'll post some up when I snap some pic for my next baking sensation! Please help to remind me! hiks..)

So there... the first part of my 'The how-to' post. Keep on coming ere for more how-to, specially the deco part ;)

Until then.. learn to bake with your pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment